You are what you watch.

TV, Movies, Web, Books, and other extraneous things, and why some are worth your time and money - mostly

Friday, December 02, 2005

The Producers - Straight for Pay

Apple - Trailer - The Producers

Amidst all the discussion of straight actors playing gay, nobody seems to care that our favorite queen Nathan Lane is playing it straight this Christmas. Watch him rub his face in Uma Thurman's bosoms and not so subtly refer to the boner she has given him in the Producers trailer. Sellout.

And yet none of the recent flurry about gay-playing straight actors (including Jake Gyllenhaal, Heath Ledger, Felicity Huffman, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Cillian Murphy to name a few recent ones) have mentioned that it's a two way street.

What a double standard. Hypocrites.


PS. I'm dying to see every one of these movies.

Update: First, I realized that in my excitment to get my thoughts on proverbial paper, I garbled them to the point of incoherence, specifically I said gay actors playing straight, instead of the reverse, in the first sentence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home