You are what you watch.

TV, Movies, Web, Books, and other extraneous things, and why some are worth your time and money - mostly

Friday, December 16, 2005

iTunes: Music Store officially pissing me off for the first time.

So, I'm at the iTunes store, looking for this song by Daft Punk, Around the World. It's a pretty cool song, and Michel Gondry did a pretty cool video for it, which is for sale in the music store. But the song isn't. If you want the song, you have to buy the whole goddamn album. And not a normal 9.99 album either, but a 12.99 album. For that price, I might as well go to borders and get a DRM free version.

It's just kind of unreliable of them. Oh, the only way to get the song you really want is to pay for an (by iTMS standards) overpriced whole album.Steve Jobs, I'm very disappointed in you.
Almost makes me want to risk LimeWire again, almost. iTunes really ought to stick to it's pricing plan, that's one of the things I really like about it. And it would be nice if, now that most artists are available in the iTunes store, they'd make all their goddamned songs available. Does not selling the song alone sell the album better? Or does it just piss people like me off?

Of course if all CD's cost 10 dollars, I'd buy a lot more CD's in general. (something about them being tangible is really appealing)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home