You are what you watch.

TV, Movies, Web, Books, and other extraneous things, and why some are worth your time and money - mostly

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Totally unoriginal thoughts on TV plus an apology with an extra aside about Tron thrown in to sweeten the deal

Theaters seem overwhelmed with second-hand ideas ripped from TV shows, comic books, books, and other movies. While some of these movies are good, and many more make money, I wish there was more original content out there. Yeah yeah, there's no such thing as a new idea, and I know people are more likely to see something if they're already familiar with it. But it's depressing, as a writer, to see that original ideas are no longer being rewarded in the marketplace. There's no obvious solution to this pandemic, since even if the movie buffs who are bothered by this trend boycott (and most already are, I'd assume) millions of ignorant, illiterate hicks are still forking over cash to see and own the Dukes of Hazzard.

Sorry to be away so long. I know my legions of readers (ha, that's a laugh!) have been waiting with baited breath for my next post. Unfortunately, it's just been a couple days since I had any interesting thought. JK. Actually, I got buried under school work, specifically a history debate where my team was me and a stoned slacker whose ebonics were so heavy that when he did say something, I couldn't understand him. Also I spent a lot of time figuring out was wrong with my iPod. Turns out, nothing, it's my computer that's fucked up. "Hey guess what, don't worry about the asthma, you got lung cancer!" So I've been in a pretty foul mood this week. I'm glad I'm back, and if you are a reader of this blog, please comment, I'm desperate for validation and encouragement, my ego needs stroking. Shit I'm getting needy, I'm so sorry.

In other news: I saw Tron last night, and all I'll say on the subject, for now, is :"What the fuck was that?!"




The motor-bike-thing from Tron, one
of many illogical if pretty set-pieces
from the movie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home