You are what you watch.

TV, Movies, Web, Books, and other extraneous things, and why some are worth your time and money - mostly

Monday, November 07, 2005

Bittorrent bad news

Is it worth going to prison for this?
From the BBC: a Hong Kong man is being sent to prison for three months for using bittorrent. Poor guy, and for such bad movies, too; Daredevil, Red Planet and Miss Congeniality. This is pretty big news since no one has ever been sent to jail for using bittorrent before.
I myself never download movies from bittorrent [other things we'll discuss another time]. I was wondering about one of the things the article said though:
When anyone downloads a file it becomes a source for others, making it easy to share or trade music or movies, but very hard to trace who has uploaded or downloaded the material.
I kind of thought that the opposite was true from what I'd previously heard on other sources, which I can't find at this instant. Either way it's worrisome. Thank god I don't live in Hong Kong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home