You are what you watch.

TV, Movies, Web, Books, and other extraneous things, and why some are worth your time and money - mostly

Monday, October 17, 2005

International Gay and Lesbian Aquatics (Do we get our own water fountains too?

International Gay and Lesbian Aquatics
Here's what I don't get. Why do we need our own special swim teams? Is Homo Polo that different from regular water polo?
For that matter, why do we need our own Olympics, our own choirs, our own schools?

On some level I'm not being fair. Not all gay people like meeting guys at discos, gyms, and truck stops. As for the school, I entertained fantasies of going to an all gay high school for a long time. On the other hand, the issue of self-segregation is important, too.

So I'm conflicted.

Take your mind off the subject by basking in the glow of Michael Phelps. Below the neck he's incredibly hot, and above he's, well, let's call him "endearingly homely." (I have first heard that phrase in reference to gay composer Aaron Copland, but who do you really want to see naked?)

This is the first time I've officially broken my no-gratuitous-off-topic-hot-nearly-naked-guys-in-post rule. I don't feel as guilty as I thought I would.

PS. this all came about because of Queerty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home