You are what you watch.

TV, Movies, Web, Books, and other extraneous things, and why some are worth your time and money - mostly

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Trailers - Heights



Apple - Trailers - Heights
I actually meant to post about this a while ago, cause I saw this movie twice in NY when it was playing at the Paris, and it was like my all time favorite movie. I cannot recommend it highly enough and I can't wait to buy it on DVD to watch over and over and over again. First time director Chris Terrio crafts the movie richly and delicately and the all the performances are wonderful, especially Glenn Close, and surprisingly Jesse Bradford, who deserves better than movies like clockstoppers and swimfan, but the rest of the class, including Elizabeth Banks, James Marsden, Isabella Rosselllini, John Light, Rufus WAinwright, and George Segal. The movie makes incredible use of it's locations in NYC with beautiful skylines sprinkled throughout the picture. I'd rather not talk about the plot too much, I've been describing it to people as "a New York relationship drama" which is sort of vague, but I like I've outlined before, I think it's important to be able to be surprised in movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home