You are what you watch.

TV, Movies, Web, Books, and other extraneous things, and why some are worth your time and money - mostly

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Raise your hand if you forgot the Emmy's were this weekend

OK, so I can't find my old post about Awards shows (somewhere in the depths of my ancient Xanga site). But I'll repeat it. As someone who's actively interested in the media, nothing is more revealing that watching them jerk themselves off. Oh right, college apps.... "Patting themselves on the back." I also like the pretty colors and Joan Rivers, alas that she's been replaced by Kathy Griffin (who is not a real celebrity).
Anyway, I'm going to be rooting for Lost and Arrested Development and booing the housewives. That show was soooo overrated. Weeds, the new show on showtime starring Mary-Louise Parker, is everything DH wanted to be.

Eventually I'll find time to talk about my hopes and fears about the new TV season, too, in a new and exciting post. (Hint, I'm gonna watch the show with the dwarf)

I always get uptight about loving TV, I mean what kind of jaded intellectual loves TV? I mean maybe twin peaks or Daria, but the show with that guy from party of five? uh-uh. But I'm interested in writing for TV as a career, so I think of it as research. After all, I need to be able to write what I know. (I can't wait to be able to write off my cable as a business expense)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home