You are what you watch.

TV, Movies, Web, Books, and other extraneous things, and why some are worth your time and money - mostly

Monday, September 26, 2005

Dilemma

In the library today, I read an article about my idol, Peter Jackson, the New Zealand director of Lord of the Rings and King Kong. Right now, it's not on their website, but when it is, I'll update with the link.
What the article focused on was Jackson's innovative Production Diary's, five minute videos showing the behind the scenes goings on while filming and editing King Kong. My question is, should I watch them now, or wait till I've seen the movie. Normally, I like to go into a movie knowing as little as possible about it before I've seen it, and watching them will surely spoil nearly everything. But on the other hand, I know whole lot about King Kong already (I mean, I did read the article, didn't I?) and it's not like it'll hold any big surprises, what with it's iconic finale. Plus I plan on seeing the Fay Wray original before Jackson's remake anyway. Right now, I'm kind of convinced I should go. On the other hand, do I really need another distraction in the thick of the college application season.
So that's my dilemma. I'll probably buckle and watch them. I mean, I made pretty convincing argument just now. So go check 'em out at www.KongisKing.net.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home