You are what you watch.

TV, Movies, Web, Books, and other extraneous things, and why some are worth your time and money - mostly

Monday, June 06, 2005

Why I don't like Science

What, you say! Don't like science? What kind of Creationist bible-thumper are you?

But I really prefer a non-scientific world view. For me science is just antithetical to the more romantic/artistic way I think about the universe. Let me explain using a simple metaphor. Let's pretend there's a table. Someone with my world view and someone with a scientific world view approach said table.
Scientist: What is this table made of? Why does it act the way it acts?
Artist: Who made this table? Why did they make this table?

I may also be less inclined toward science because of my impending Chemistry final, which I am actively not studying for. However, this bias does not negate either my philosophy or my world view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home