You are what you watch.

TV, Movies, Web, Books, and other extraneous things, and why some are worth your time and money - mostly

Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Freetime Paradox

You'd think that now that I'm free of school and the associated chores, I'd be able to devote more of my time to writing insightful articles for my blog, and then promoting said blog so that more than 1 person read said insightful arguments. But, thanks to the Freetime Paradox, You've gotten lots of lame little posts like my Tom Lehrer Quote and the male stripper series of reviews, and fewer of the more insightful articles I wrote, like my Downing Street Rant and my philosophizing about science. Awww, who am I kidding, I was never very insightful.
But my point, Blessed with an abundance of freetime, I haven't done very much productive, even in the broad sense of the world where posting here is productive.

And this brings me back to the Freetime Paradox. That is the less free time I have, the more I will make free time to do things that are important to me, like write.
So, although my stream of real content has slowed, you can look forward to a veritable torrent next fall when I will be taking English(reading Anna Karennina), Latin, Spanish, Pre-Calculus, Human Behavior, and US History, not to mention applying to college. So, being so busy, I will no doubt post six or seven times a day, while writing a chapter a week. Hallelujah!

while I'm here, I wanted to direct y'all (see, I'm not out of touch with the South), with a really interesting article I found out about from Buff's Tufftalk, one of the blogs I subscribe to at Bloglines. The article is about boys who are kicked out of polygamous communities to raise the female to male ratio, it answered that nagging question about how all those guys had all those wives. I mean there had to be a lot of queens or bachelors, right?

PS, why this long content filled post at three o'clock in the fucking morning? Tomorrow is the first morning in about a week where I actually have to get up and do something, so naturally I can't sleep tonight, just with the minor obligation of walking my dog before eleven o'clock. I lead a life of pathetic luxury, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home