You are what you watch.

TV, Movies, Web, Books, and other extraneous things, and why some are worth your time and money - mostly

Sunday, June 05, 2005

After Downing Street.

Ok, anyone reading this. Here's Our homework for the week. Get ANGRY!!! I mean We need to get really really angry at George Bush, and then we need to go do something about it. Right now, for some reason, liberals aren't quite up-in-arms marching in the streets. And we need to be. We need signs and marches and songs (Yes, protest songs will invariably be the bane of music buffs existence). OK.
Go to After Downing Street dot Org, and note the utter lack of anger on their front page:
ADS is a coalition of veterans' groups, peace groups, and political activist groups, which launched on May 26, 2005, a campaign to urge the U.S. Congress to begin a formal investigation into whether President Bush has committed impeachable offenses in connection with the Iraq war.
Note the complete lack of anger, vim and vinegar. We liberals need to stop being pussies and do something. I'm tired of feeling helpless. I've felt helpless since before the election. I live in a very blue state, and I didn't really feel like there was a lot I could do, so I just sat back and watched. Now I feel sick about it. I want to DO something. I'm filling out the e-mail my congresspeople section now. It's worth it. I also signed the letter on their website twice, cause I spelled my name wrong by accident.
So look, go check at the website, and sit clenching your fists till you want to scream. Then take a deep breath and start getting the word out. No one reads my blog, so I'm not helping much, but maybe people read yours.
Spread the anger, I first got mine from www.americunt.com, one of the blogs I read. Madge/whatever her man name (I can never remember) has been doing a good job spreading the rage. Hats to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home