You are what you watch.

TV, Movies, Web, Books, and other extraneous things, and why some are worth your time and money - mostly

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

George R. R. Martin's Joyous Announcement

George R. R. Martin
This may not be as big a deal to those of you who aren't nerds as it is to me, but George R.R. Martin has finally finished the 4th book in his brilliant series "A Song of Ice and Fire," Sort of. he's splitting the book in half, meaning that, as I suspected, there will be seven books in the series not six (or four or three, as originally planned). Soon it will just go on and on and on, like the Wheel of Time (shudder). But the Joyous Announcement is super big deal to someone like me, who's been waiting for close to three years A Feast for Crows.
It was such a big deal that my friend, Jon, called me up to tell me it was done and pre-order copies for both of us. Very generous of him, considering that in our last conversation, Jon told me he "detested" (his carefully chosen word, he actually deliberated over it) the fact that I'm gay because it "interfered with our friendship." But that's really personal. At least he's honest.
the Joyous Announcement from GRRM bumped my planned post about the identity of Deep Throat, which would have probably been boring and self-consciously bloggish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home