You are what you watch.

TV, Movies, Web, Books, and other extraneous things, and why some are worth your time and money - mostly

Monday, May 30, 2005

The Da Vinci Code, Part 2

It seems my mild elation at the fading star of the Da Vinci Code was premature. While experimenting with del.icio.us, I was reminded that the (gulp) film version is coming out next summer. That means a whole second wave of hysteria. I think it will make a decent film, after all, it's fast paced narrative won't be dragged down by bad prose sticking in my like little cactus pricks and shallow one dimensional characters are less of a problem in a film with talented actors to shoulder the load the author obviously couldn't. I would say I didn't want to see it, but Audrey Tautou (of Amelie, one of my all time favorite movies) and Ian McKellen (who I had a huge celebrity crush on, only half joking here) are in it. And how can you say no to Ian McKellen? Really... I still hate the Da Vinci code. With fervent passion. I'll see the movie next year, so I can talk about how bad it was.

I've spent most of today wandering around the net looking at all the different things I can do to promote or improve my blog here. I've got sitemeter going, to tell me how few people are coming every day. I've joined del.icio.us to try some tagging. I'm not positive I'm doing it correctly, though. I mean your supposed to tag blog posts right? I'm trying to use technorati, too, but I find their instructions totally mystifying. I honestly have no idea what to do now that I've set up my set. I tried signing up for blogrolling but I'm having so much trouble getting emails from them I don't even remember what it's for. Same goes for Bloglines. Since it's happening to both, I have to assume it's because AOL sucks, and not them, although e-mail one saying none of them came through.
Never mind, AOL sent them all to my spam folder. I have like 50 validation messages in my spam folder now, those bitches at AOL. I really need to go get gmail. But I won't cause I'm lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home